Special Gems...

Dad,I know very well
You wanted to be with me
When they rang the first bell
And to school, I ran to be
When I played and fell
You thought not of the doctor fee
When the world looked like hell
You wished, your eyes would see

Dad, I know every time
You thought of my smile
Whatever maybe my crime
It was a drop on your pile
All my antics and mime
Lovingly taken in my age mile
In my depths and my prime
You were the endless Nile

Dad, I know you miss
Watching me grow
I ran around in bliss
When you struggled to row
Maybe you wanted to hug and kiss
But couldn't stop to bow
I never knew how hard it is
For you to struggle and sow

Dad, but I never forgot
All your tension and care
Battles lost and wars fought
You did more than your share
All these years, you sought
Now the truth lies bare
You are not a father from the lot
But a jewel, precious and rare....






  

For me....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life's cycle....what goes around, comes around....

The Women of Dakar - 2021

The Golden Heart Forever